Saturday, January 23, 2010

More short stuff...and Midsummer night toons 2



Untitled from mike Carlo on Vimeo.



I'd really like to talk about my experience so far with making this short film, but I don't know if any of it is important to anyone or if it would benefit them in anyway. It's been a long time since I made a film that told a story, and I've wanted to make one for a long time, but never did. What I know now is that I am having a really great time working on this project for myself, and I am really trying to push the limits of what I am capable of. People in animation seem to complain about not being able to work on projects that allow them to hold their artistic integrity, or show off what they can do, or to create real animation. I am also guilty of complaining about this same thing, but I've changed my attitude in the last year and a half, and I am much better off. I will say this, if you want to do something, then do it. We have all these tools at our disposal, to make films and test animation. Do something for yourself to counter balance any jobs that may not offer you exactly what you want artistically. Go for it! anyways here are two rough layouts from my short. One of them needs a bit of work still. I also posted a very short cllip of animation. Nothing too crazy, just a taste. Enjoy. Thanks!



Update: I forgot to mention that I am making this film and showing it at the next Midsummer night toons screening, which will be at m1-5 bar in downtown New York. The screening will take place Wed, june 9th. It's being hosted by Matt Lee, and last years turnout was great and help spawn this years line up. here's the poster, more to come.

13 Comments:

Blogger Tony DiStefano said...

Good wisdom Mike. Your prodject looks like a lot of fun!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Hear hear! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your short!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Matt D. Lee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:01 AM  
Blogger mikecarloooyeah said...

Wow! that's not entirely the response I was looking for, but I do appreciate the well stated, and inspiring. I am not trying to be compared to or knock anyone. I am just talking about where I am at.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Matt D. Lee said...

awesome sneak walk

6:43 AM  
Blogger ALBERT PARDO said...

THIS IS DOPE, AND ITS ONLY A TASTE OF WHATS TO COME...

SO HAPPY I GET TO SEE MORE THAN OTHERS, AS WELL AS FIRST, HaHa...

REALLY INSPIRATIONAL WORK, KEEP PUSHING YOURSELF CARLO!

7:26 AM  
Blogger david said...

damn dude. you are gooood. tight solid inbetweens nice!!!!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Gary Doodles said...

Golly Geee, that is soooo nice! Makes me wanna break apart my symbols and kick it old school. Keep up the progress amigo!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Elliott said...

wow mike, really awesome work. that's some nice animatin' right there.

e

1:01 PM  
Blogger david said...

man after looking at this again, just reaffirms your awesomeness. What version of flash are you using? you get such a clean line. are you using any special brushes? I can never get those tight type of lines when i draw, then again my line quality and draftsmanship is lacking. hahaha.

keep up the awesome work!

5:48 AM  
Blogger James Sugrue said...

killer stuff man! That is too, too awesome! I gotta make it a habit to visit here more often.

7:55 PM  
Blogger the clownninja said...

fuggin sweet

5:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I needed to thank you for this good read

https://decor-ksa.com/villas-homes-window/
https://decor-ksa.com/windows-iron/

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home